is an example of a HTML
caption with a link
|Students are to purchase and read before school starts; there will be a test the second day of school. All High school students are required to participate in the summer reading program. It is a part of their curriculum and enhances their vocabulary and analytical skills. Please have your student read the book listed below during the month of August, so it sill be fresh in their minds when returning in September. |
- Treasure Island, by Robert Lewis Stevenson
- Hatchet, by Gary Paulson
|Students are to thoroughly read the books listed above. There will be discussions, a project and a test on the books during the first week of school. Ninth grade does not have to do written work on the books over the summer, but they will be held accountable for reading the books.|
- Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story - Read and complete this handout
- In His Steps, by Charles Sheldon - Type a one-sentence summary of each chapter.
- Captain Courageous, by Rudyard Kipling - Read only in August
- The Oath, by Frank Perretti (Read only in August. A project will be assigned and completed during the school year.)
- Robinson Crusoe, by Daniel Defoe - (Create a sculpture of a character Use any combination of soap, wood, clay, sticks, wire, stone, old toy pieces, or any other object. Type an explanation of how this character fits into the book. This essay should be atleast 3/4 of a page, size 12 font...double spaced. Be sure to type your name on the paper.
- The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien - (Read and complete this handout)
- A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens(Read and complete this handout)
- Don Quixote, by Cervants. Make a miniature (atleast 12" by 12" square) stage setting of a scene in the book. Include a typed explanantion of the scene...why you chose it... and what you were teaching us about the story.
- Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen.(Read and complete this handout)
| || |
|Students taking AP English Language: Summer Reading Requisites for Advanced Placement English Literature and Composition
Please contact Mrs. Scarborough at email@example.com, should you have any questions
"Excellence in Christ-Centered Academics"